


is after the great "snowpocalypse" of 2011. The sarcasm in my previous post about the "snowpocalypse" hype was a defense mechanism, I think. I was afraid that we'd only get like 6 inches...because that's what often happens when "they" predict a lot of snow. Well, I was wrong and "they" were very right. We woke up to PILES of snow this morning and this whole city is shut down. So what do we do? We run outside right away to play in it ;-) And boy did we have fun! Dear Phil is still outside (going on 2.5 hours) trying to dig out a bit with our neighbor's snow blower. Mary Clare is a snow animal and a trooper. She tried wading through some 3 feet drifts...and didn't make it very far. Some of the drifts are as tall as me. I'm not as brave as my daughter, so I didn't try to swim through them. Maybe this afternoon. Our neighbor who has lived here for 55 years said he can't remember seeing this much snow in the city. This is like a dream come true to us...except that we'll probably still have some of these snow piles in our yard in April. I won't be saying the same thing then. Oh well - we're living in the moment. Well, to those readers of mine stranded in Florida (you know who you are!), enjoy the palm trees for me. And to those of my readers in Sweden, I know you can relate to the great "snowpocalypse"!