
That's right...I said Baby Grandma Ruthie. She's the one on the right. These are Mary Clare's baby dolls and they do everything with us...I mean everything. They go to the potty, they go to the grocery store, they color, they often don't wear any clothes, they come to the park, they say prayers, they go in time out, but most importantly they talk. I am the voice of Baby Dora and Baby Grandma Ruthie, but Mary Clare doesn't quite seem to realize that. The line between reality and fantasy is so fun (or hilarious) to watch in a 2 year old. From the moment she wakes up, Mary Clare says, "can Baby Grandma Ruthie (or Dora) talk"? And we're off from there. Their voices are rather high pitched and they often say off the wall remarks that make Mary Clare squeal. I'll be honest, by 9am I'm pretty tired of being the voice of Baby Grandma Ruthie and/or Baby Dora...alas, I push on all for the sheer delight and amusement of my daughter. Thank goodness for 5:30pm when Daddy comes home and takes over...Mary Clare thinks this is great...the babies get a whole new dose of energy! Anyways, I find this all extremely amusing and thought that some of you might, too. Oh, and if you are wondering about the origin of the names, well, I can only assume that Baby Dora is after who else than 'doot doot doot do Dora the Explorer' (all you parents of toddlers know the annoying (I mean cute) song), and Baby Grandma Ruthie...well she's named after Mary Clare's Grandma Ruthie. Mary Clare named her months ago and it has just stuck. My mom is pretty amused that she has an African American baby doll named after her...Phil says he can see the resemblance.