Friday, September 23, 2011
I love weekends. Part II.
In a few hours I am going to do something that I haven't done in years. I'm going to get on a plane all by myself and I am going to fly to the other side of the country to spend a long weekend with my college roomate and dear friend. As I was packing, it was strange not to have to remember the diapers, big girl underwear, several changes of clothes, children's motrin (just in case), toys, books (except for mine!), blankies, Hugs (MC's stuffed companion that travels anywhere we do), snacks, etc. When Phil and I went away for a weekend alone in May, I kept glancing over my shoulder to check on Mary Clare in the back seat while we were driving, knowing full well she was at my parent's house . Habit. I'm sure this weekend I'll look for her little hand when it's time to cross a street and my internal toddler clock which signals activities like snacktime, lunchtime, naptime, dinnertime, and bedtime will continually go off. Needless to say, I will miss my sweet family dearly. But, I am completely excited (even giddy) to go, and I think the sunshine and time with my friend will do my mommy mental health some real good. Did I mention she lives in California? Yeah...nice place to visit. In the meantime, my amazing Phillip will rock the daddy/daughter weekend. I think it will be mutually special bonding time. So, until next week!