Monday, March 19, 2012
What do you get when...
you take one bag of trash, one purse, one list (being held between your teeth), one bag of clothes for Good Will, and one (sort of whiny) toddler? You get locked out of your house. Or at least I did this morning when I was trying to get all of the above out of my house and realized a second too late that my keys were still hanging on their hook behind the locked door I had just pulled shut. So, Mary Clare and I spent the morning as neighborhood vagabonds until Daddy could come home and rescue us. It just so happens that our elderly neighbors who are almost always home with our spare key were out...all morning. Thankfully we are still enjoying mild temperatures so we got to hang out with neighborhood friends, go to the local diner down the street, and spend some time at the park. Not too bad. My grocery list is still rather long though. Hopefully we can hit that after naptime...this time, the keys will be the first thing in my hand.