Last week's adventures led our family to two very different places. Mary Clare and I spent the week in Wheaton visiting my parents, catching up with some friends, and playing with cousins. Phil ventured to Helsinki, Finland of all places! Every five years, a bunch of Martin Luther scholars get together to talk about (get ready for the obvious) Martin Luther. This Luther Congress is held in places all over the world, and this year, it just happened to be in Finland (where there are apparently a plethora of Luther scholars...who knew?). All in all, the trip was a success. Not only is Helsiniki, well, cool, but Phil was able to give a paper, learn more and interact with other scholars in this "field", and get some good feedback/advice for his own research and dissertation. And while it was a good and worthwhile trip, I'm not sure there could be two girls more happy to see one man upon his return last night. Mary Clare sprinted out the door when she saw Phil emerge from the car that was dropping him off. I was barely able to hug him myself within the first five minutes of his arrival. We are happy and thank God to be safely home together once again. Here are some snapshots that Phil took - I asked for at least 10 and he outdid himself taking 25! Here are my favorites...


