I know...once again, majorly overdue for an up-date. Looking back, I think it's funny that I thought I'd have all this time this past month to just "be" as we wait to move into our new house. Being gypsies hasn't been quite as easy or restful as I anticipated...especially with two little ones in tow. What has been truly astounding to me though is how God has provided everything (sometimes at the very last minute) that we have needed these last 4.5 weeks as we've not had our own home. People, friends and family, have been SO gracious to let us stay with them, eat their food, host us for dinner, watch the kids, etc. We are deeply grateful. So, here's where things are at. After we moved out of our house in Milwaukee, we found out that the closing date on our new digs was pushed back...to July 31. Thankfully, that's the day after tomorrow! Then the work begins! I've been watching too many of those HGTV shows recently, so I am adequately terrified that they'll bust through a wall and the house will collapse. Just kidding...that never actually happens on those shows. But, I would be lying if I didn't say I'm a little nervous about the upcoming renovations. Did I mention this house was built in 1901? Thankfully, we've found a good contractor who has assured me that the house is "very sturdy". I'm just glad he'll be doing the work and not me ;-). I think I'll have some great before and after pictures to share at the end of the month. Until then, I can't guarantee any regular blogging, but I hope to pick it back up on a more regular basis come fall. Stay tuned as the Anderas adventures continue....
