Thursday, October 3, 2013

We've been sick.  And after we were sick, we got sick again.  After being sick that time, we got sick one more time.  Seriously.  September was a month of sore throats, runny noses, and coughs for our family.  Hopefully we are on the mend for the last time!  For a while at least.

I'm planning to post some before and after pics of my favorite house rooms soon...things have finally been hung on the walls in (most) rooms.  For now, here are some pics that are much cuter...and satisfy the grandparents much more ;-)

I can't believe that Elisha is 9 months old.  "He's been out as long as he was in" Phil likes to say.  He is at an adorable and favorite baby age of mine.  Mr. personality but still cuddly when he wants to be.  Though he's also at that danger-to-himself stage...trying to walk, climbing everything he can, opening cabinets, and putting everything in his mouth.  Who knew crispy leaves could taste so good? 

Mary Clare continues to blossom into girlhood.  I couldn't believe when we had to buy clothes in non "T" sizes this fall.  Long arms and legs on that one!  She loves dress-up, princesses, and her little brother (as long as he's not "messing up her stuff").  Homeschooling is going well so far.  She's learning how to read and loves being read to.  We've been having fun reading the "Kirsten" series (from the American Girl Series) that belonged to me when I was a little girl.  She asks me every day when she'll get my Kirsten doll. 

While the days (and nights!) at home can be long and tiring, especially with sick ones, I've been struck by how fast they are flying by and how precious time with my little ones is.  Now that we are unpacked and pretty settled in our house, I'm looking forward to just "being" with these sweet smiles...no more boxes!